Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Nursery

The final countdown is starting and I've been busy getting all things girly for our new girl.
  1. Grandma and Grandpa Chambers brought back a baby beluga whale from their trip to Alaska for LuLu's traditional monthly pictures.
  2. I bought the cutest vinyl sticker pack at Target and found little spots all over her room for adorable owls, birds, mushrooms, and the cutest tree.
  3. We went to IKEA today and got this bookshelf/storage unit and the cute pink bins. I threw the diaper changing pad on top and we are set.
  4. I am so proud of the bedding because I made most of it. What!? I know. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have been busy putting it to good use. I made her the rag quilt and recovered Eddy's sports-themed bumper into something a little more girly.
  5. I had to splurge on a new diaper bag just because I'm the mom, I'm fat, I'm hot, I'm getting squished and kicked and I thought I deserved something new.
  6. More cute vinyl stickers by the window and a cute ric-rac valance also made by this beginning sewer.

Now we just need our baby girl!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You did such a good job. I love it, it's all so cute.

Lauren and Carter said...

So cute! I'm so excited for you. And yay for getting a new diaper bag! :) You do deserve it.

Shelly said...

Finally--the post I've been waiting for! I love it--you did such a good job. And way to reuse your boy stuff like carseat and crib bedding. Where did you snag your cute diaper bag! So many questions--I'll just call you later!

Hayley said...

I love it, but you already knew that!

Erin said...

Super cute Betsy! Love the owl. I'll be checking the blog regularly for the announcement. :)