Unfortunately, we kind of rented out our house for two years because we thought we were moving, so we needed to find a place to live which wasn't so easy with having our dear Sadie Sue to bring along too.
We searched and searched and with only days to spare we found the perfect house to rent and signed the papers just in time to move.
Moving was easier and harder than I thought; emotionally it was easier, but physically it was so much harder! I never realized how much stuff we had just laying around in our unfinished basement. Now comes the fun part of organizing everything inside our new house and de-cluttering, which I love.
Now things haven't exactly worked out like we had planned, but for some weird reason they seem to be working out. So here are the 10 things I am grateful for right now in our new home:
- Edders has a backyard to play in with a huge shade tree.
- Edders is going to bed good in his new bedroom.
- I have a HUGE kitchen.
- I have a dining room. (I feel so spoiled to have a separate room for dining, only rich people have dining rooms.)
- I have tons of closets to organize.
- I have the largest preschool room ever!
- I have a nursery for Lu-Lu that I can't wait to get all cutesy.
- We have a very nice ward who have been so welcoming, even when I walked into Relief Society bawling like a baby. . . darn pregnancy hormones.
- We have a mailbox that's attached to our house so our mail-lady actually walks up to our door to deliver our mail, which makes Sadie bark like mad, but it is still cute and charming.
- We scored a free sectional from Lisa's neighbors which is so comfy and has plenty of space for our whole family to stretch out on, even Sadie, but she has been banned from the couches ever since she started shedding like mad.
Our cute new Kaysville house.
5 comments:
Yay for new life!! So scary but exciting.
Your house is so cute, and is Lu Lu the name you have picked? fill us in!
Home Sweet Home! I'm glad you're getting settled and enjoying your new place in time for school to start and Baby to arrive! Let's see inside pics next--once your cute nursery is done. Tell Eddy-Spaghetti we say Hi.
I only learned yesterday that Brandt took the job and you guys found a home. Obviously I am way behind, and also in a huge Eddy withdrawal.
I sure would rather see that cute heart wreath back on the house here in Syracuse! We sure do miss you guys, but glad you're settling in. Just don't get too comfortable cause we want the Shaw Family back. :)
So cute. We need to come visit soon!
Post a Comment