Check out this haul!?
This is one of the greatest perks of being a teacher. When I quit my kindergarten teaching job I was a little sad to go, but so excited to come home. Then I went through kindergarten withdrawals. I really missed setting up my classroom and getting back-to-school stuff ready for 40-50 brand-new students. But I had preschool. That was going to keep me in the school loop. But it just wasn't the same. I wasn't a kindergarten teacher anymore, and that's who I was. And I was good at that. I was the best at that. I didn't know what I was with preschool yet. Well, I'm a few months into preschool and I'm having a lot of fun. Kids are still hilarious and still smart, even if cutting is the worst invention ever!! But as the months go by I'm starting to feel like a preschool teacher now, and it feels great. I maybe even kind of like it. I love planning cute, fun things to do, I love teaching goofy kids, (and trust me, I don't think they come goofier than 3 and 4 year-olds), I love having busy days, I love seeing confident kids who can do anything, and I love that I help them feel so stinkin' smart. So I may not be a kindergarten teacher anymore, but now I'm thankful I get to be a preschool teacher. And really thankful that parents trust me enough to figure out how to be a great preschool teacher with their cute kids.
2 comments:
That's cute, So have you ever failed anyone for being named funny? TROI! lol!! :) Love ya! Merry Christmas!
That almost made me cry Betsy! I miss you A LOT at school. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment