Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where did my baby go!?!

I was just messing around on Picasa today and made some cute collages of my cute baby boy and getting dangerously baby hungry, as if I wasn't before. But something tragic happened today. Eddy decided he is big enough to go potty. what!? Yes, potty. He came up to Brandt today and said, "Potty." Well, I figured it was just his "boy" sense of humor and he just likes to say dirty words. Brandt thought he was saying he would like to go, so he took him into the bathroom de-diapered him and plopped him down on the toilet. I stood back ready to laugh when nothing would happen, but he peed! He was so proud too! He jumped right off and flushed it away. I wanted to cry.
Look at this boy!?! He is not nearly old enough for that sort of business, so I thought for sure it was a fluke. It would never happen again. He is ages away from potty-training, right? Well, after preschool he came up to me and said, "Pee." Huh? "Pee." I took him into the bathroom, diaper off, bum on, and then another full on pee! This time I have to admit that I was a little bit proud. When Brandt came home for lunch Eddy showed off his new trick again.
I'm still in shock and denial. I don't want my biscuit to grow up this fast, but I guess he is. I love looking at his pictures and seeing how much he has grown and changed and how much he can do now. I am one proud mama who is head-over-heels for her little man.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Eddy will be in college when Delilah finally hits Preschool. Slow down boy!

Lauren and Carter said...

Impressive. :) We love Eddy too. Carter was saying the other day how he misses him. (Move to Logan!)

Erin said...

That's quite remarkable at his age. Time to have another for sure. :)

Katie and Brad Judson said...

Hey Brandt,
I saw you at work and you said to post so you would have my blog address. Here it is. I still can't belive how big your little man is. Soooo cute.

rebecca said...

Betsy! I'm your stalker cousin. :) Eddy is so cute! I know how you feel about wanting to keep them small. I tell Nathan every day to stop growing. Of course he doesn't and it's so bittersweet. Enjoy. Soak him up. Count your blessings on the potty training. And definitely have another. :)

Love, Rebecca

rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.