Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer

It has been a long while since I've posted, but our little family has had some big changes. I am now officially a full-time mommy and I am loving it. I had no idea how cute, how funny, how busy, how silly, how strong, how smart, and how wonderful my little Eddy is. The other big change has been our new basset hound/beagle puppy named Sadie. I had no idea the amount of work a puppy takes, but after three weeks I think potty-training might be getting close to working. Eddy is in love, most of the time. He loves puppy kisses and loves to feed her naughty treats like cheetos and fruit snacks. I quickly realized that puppies and toddlers are not very good listeners so we just have to seperate them at meal time.

One new naughty trick: Eddy learned how to open the fridge. He brings me various food items throughout the day to snack on, or leaves hot dogs on the counter for me to find later. Here he is just helping himself to some leftovers. Notice his new partner in crime is not far behind.

One old trick that Eddy still does, that I love, giving great squeezes!
So all in all we are enjoying our new puppy Sadie, our "too-cute-to-get-into-trouble" boy, our "full-time-so-happy-to-be-home" mommy, and our "workaholic-almost-done-with-college" daddy.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

They are both adorable!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see Eddy with his little puppy :)

Shelly said...

I've been hoping to see some puppy pics! Looks like you're still busy, but glad you can be home.