Monday, March 31, 2008

So yeah I told everyone

So Betsy and I have been so busy lately that we have not been able to get to this blog to post any new pictures. So I will give a quick update on how our lives our going.Betsy went back to work three weeks ago, and is now off track again. She says that she would rather be over 50 five year olds then our nephews Zach, Brody, and of course Eddy. I do not know the difference because when I am with Zach and Brody, I feel like there are fifty kids around me. Those two have enough energy, and smarts to change the world. The bad thing is that no one has been able to hone that energy from Buzz and Woody, Sponge Bob, or the word Bum. With all of that said I cannot get enough of those two, and I never stop laughing when they are around. We will be lucky if Eddy grows up to be half as cool as those two.

Betsy is now home for one month. It started today, and we are not at noon yet and I am sure that she is board. So if anyone has any great projects that they want help with, CALL HER PLEASE. I do not know if I can come home everyday and get play by play of Operah. (How do you spell her name)

I have one month left in this semester. Classes are going great, and I think that this will be my highest GPA that I have had at Weber State. I really love my major (history). I got a letter last week that let me know that I did get into the Teaching Program, so I will be starting that this fall. I will be in class for the fall, and then student teach in the spring. Then with some luck I will find a job in the summer, and start teaching the next school year. I have already been in two different schools tutoring math. For those of you that know my academic back ground that may sound a little (or a lot) crazy, but recently I was placed in the top ten percent in the country for algebra skills. I have a lot of fun with those kids, and it is great coming up with activities that show how we use different math concepts in everyday life.

Eddy is just getting bigger. That fat little monkey has now doubled his body weight, and is wearing 3-6 month cloths. He is now starting to out grow all of that stuff, and we are going to have to update wardrobe for a second time. He loves to play with his fish tv, sit in his swing and laugh at the monkey and parrot, and he loves his bouncer. He is a spoiled kid, and will never learn to crawl or walk because between Betsy, his many grandmothers, all of his aunts, and of course me he is not on the ground very often. He sleeps about four hours straight at night, and then wakes up to eat, and then will go back down. I know nothing of those nights Betsy takes care of them. (I have a sweet deal I know).

One more thing about Betsy she just finished her Masters degree, and now makes me call her "Master Betsy" or "Master Shaw". At first I did not like it, but she told me that I must like it so I do. We have a lot of pictures of Eddy, and I will post them soon. Keep checking the blog.

For the men in the crowd check out this blog: www.disregardastrash.blogspot.com it was set up by my cousin and boy Collin. It gives us all a outlet for our true feelings.

1 comment:

Collin Shaw said...

Congrats on Getting into the teacher program. So proud of you for doing it.